Sunday, December 17, 2006

Gt Barton

Share

8am 11 miles in 1 hr 30 mins 47 secs

Week to date mileage 42 miles

Month to date mileage 90

Average weekly rate 30.2 miles

Average monthly rate 131

Year to date 1517

Lifetime 9537

I ran out to Gt Barton on the A143 road. I decided to take a look down a RUPP a road used as a public path. This is where the main village of Gt Barton is situated and is a well kept parkland area with some lovely housing. However I couldn't see much point running around the houses and retreated back to the main road with the idea of continuing through Gt Barton to visit a wood.

At the Thurston turn in the road there is a footpath which takes you through a wood called the Heath. On the map it is marked as the Icepits Farm and there are some disused pits.
Unsure where the path led to and 45 minutes into my run I had to return back to Bury and home.

On checking the map OS Map 211 I see I can do a complete circular run as the pathway emerges on Green Lane and it is only a matter of time before I will give this a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark