Saturday, December 30, 2006

Beetons Way Bury St Edmunds

Share
8.30am 8.8 miles in 1hr 13 mins 29 seconds

Week to date mileage 27 miles

Month to date mileage 146

Average weekly rate 30.3 miles

Average monthly rate 131

Year to date 1573

Lifetime 9593

To end the year I decided on a tough session. I warmed up with a run through Westley Estate and then out to the end of Newmarket Rd and ran into town and I believe it is a mile when you reach the Falcon Pub. There are a few places where you have to slow completely as you cross roads and watch for traffic. My time of 7.14 was consistent with recent miles I have run on the track and usually in the first mile of a race.

I considered repeating but instead ventured down to Beetons Way to do some hills. As I mentioned in my post of the 15th of December there is an option of mixing up the hill climbs between long and short climbs and today I did this.

I started with a long climb which starts from the first lamp post after you emerge from under the bridge to head up hill. Continue up hill past the mini roundabout keeping to the path until you find an opportunity to move across the road which runs parallel to the sports centre car park which is on your left. The end of the long climb is when you reach the end of the road just before you enter Beetons Way footpath which runs besides Gibraltar Barracks.

I decided to alternate between long climbs and short climbs and found this a tough session and was looking for reasons to give up after about 5. However I continued and did 9.

The short hill climb also begins from the same first lamp post after the bridge but ends when you reach the first Grey lamp post at the top of the hill.

I jog down the hills to recover!

My times were as follows

1st long 2.27
2nd short 52
3rd long 2.15
4th short 49
5th long 2.17
6th short 52
7th long 2.25
8th short 51
9th long 2.20

My record for the short climb is 47 seconds on 30th July 06
The long climb stands at 2.15 on 30th Dec 06

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark