Sunday, July 17, 2005

17th July Once Bitten Twice Shy!

Share
















8am 8.5 miles in 1 hr 10 minutes. Year to date mileage 607, monthly mileage 71. Hot and Sunny not a cloud in the sky fantastic weather.

Course: I planned to do 35 mins out and back toward Whepstead. At the moment my longest run is just 1 hour. As I want to do a 10 mile race in the middle of September I plan to build up mileage each week with a long run gradually adding 5-10 minutes extra.

Take the Whepstead road from Bury, this is a fairly quiet road with not too many cars, though being as the road is a bit bendy you have to anticipate the worst and switch sides of the road on the bends. After about 20 minutes I had to do a u-turn as I hadn't anticipated a dog on the loose which came charging at my ankles from a driveway at the house above. Not sure what type of dog it was but it wasn't going to let me go past and there was no owner in site to reign it in.

So having had my run messed up I will give this route a miss for a while.Instead I headed out towards Horsecroft. I went over fields quite a bit as the pictures of the wheat show before returning home.

Felt good and comfortable with the extra time and distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark