Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tempo Run

Share
Lunch time today was my last quality training session before my half marathon  race on Sunday at Stowmarket, Suffolk. I am in a taper week and didn't run Monday or Tuesday. I am putting up my feet a bit and planning to enjoy plenty of carbohydrates such as  pasta , pizza and potatoes. Along with a few beers I could get used to this.

However my tempo run today was a 6 mile effort. I warmed up for a mile in 8.29 and then switched on the Ramones to accompany me on the faster four mile tempo run. I felt good starting off running down a hill and finishing the four miles up a hill. My 4 miles were run in 32 mins 3 seconds. Splits were 7.46, 7.54, 8.07 and 8.16. Overall that it is my best tempo run pace that I have managed during the half marathon training.

I warmed down with a slower mile home in around 9 mins.

I am still a long way short of what I was running pace wise before all of my injuries last year but I am heading the right way.

I have a couple of short 4 mile easy runs planned before Sunday but that is it this week

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark