Monday, January 23, 2006

Vinefields Bury St Edmunds

Share
6.45pm 6 miles in 49 minutes

Week to Date mileage 6

Month to date mileage 116

Average weekly rate 35.4

Average Monthly rate 154

Weather: Cold and dry

I parked at Hardwick and ran through Town and the old graveyard to the Vinefields. This brought back some memories. For many years I visited my Grandmother who lived at the Vinefields. They are of course named after the vinefields owned by the monastery. I am not sure how they got on with their wine production but they were very successful with their beer. Every Monk was entitled to a daily ration of 8 pints of beer a day. Of course drinking beer was safer than drinking water.

I didn't think too much of this when I was doing my hill session. Running a hill session was one of the targets I set my self at the start of the year and this in truth was rather an easy one.

The hill was no more than about 35 seconds of climb followed by a circular run around the Vinefield houses on the flat and down hill which takes about 2.30 minutes all told.

I did 10 intervals and timed them after a few when I remembered to do so as follows

Lap 4 2.28, lap 5 2.33, lap 6 2.30, lap 7 2.30, lap 8 2.29, lap 9 2.31 and lap 10 2.30.

This amounts to only 6 minutes of hill climbing but it is a start. I did have a drink when I got home but not as many as the monks of St Edmundsbury were used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark