Friday, January 13, 2006

Cullum Road/Ramada Hotel and Newmarket Rd Bury St Edmunds

Share
7pm 5.4 miles in 41 minutes 30 seconds

Week to Date mileage 11

Month to date mileage 55

Average Monthly rate 128

Weather: Dry cool.

It has been a struggle this week to get any running in as I have been working long hours. So tonight I decided to push the run a bit harder, almost punishing myself for failing to get any running in - which of course is crazy. However if I miss a run it plays at the back of my mind until eventually I find time to get a run in and then feel like a runner again.

Even though I have been working hard as soon as I got going I felt quite good on my feet and decided to run a bit quicker than normal training run pace. I was generally ok with this for the first half an hour though the last ten minutes I must have sounded a bit like a steam train. Coming along Risbygate Street a lady turned full round nearly 50 yards away - I must have been puffing by this stage.

I could feel I was struggling a little for breath and I was glad to get to the finish in a new pb for this course of 41.30. This is half a minute faster than I have run this course before and a full two minutes quicker than just before Christmas so it was good.

I got my entry form this week for the Bury Nearly Ten Race in February . I am number 643. Now I have a race to focus on and hopefully I can get some proper training in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark