Saturday, January 28, 2006

Lark Valley River Path Suffolk

Share
10am 7.5 miles in 1 hour

Week to date mileage 26

Month to date mileage 136

Average weekly rate 33.9

Average Monthly rate 147

Weather: Cold hard frost clear skies and sunny

Course - I set out from County Upper School in Bury St Edmunds and took the Thetford Road near the Tollgate Pub through Fornham St Martin.

I turned left at the first roundabout and went through Fornham St Genevieve before joining the Lark Valley Path. This pathway takes you along the side of the River Lark out to Mildenhall for about 15 miles. I only went as far as Hengrave. I saw a Heron busy hunting fish in the river and noticed that the Ducksluice Farm
looks like it is on the verge of falling down.

There were plenty of people out fishing near Kingsburyhill Woods. I think they looked at me and thought daft beggar what's he want to go running for in this cold weather and I kind of thought the same as to why you would want to sit in the cold and try to catch fish. I actually like coarse fishing but not in this weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark