Sunday, February 25, 2007

Bury Nearly 10 Nowton Park

Share


10.30am 9.4 miles in 1 hr 14 mins 11 secs

Week to date mileage 23 miles

Month to date mileage 93

Average weekly rate 29 miles

Average monthly rate 126

Year to date 232

Lifetime 9825

In a less than confident mood I took part in this mornings Bury Nearly 10 race from Nowton park. The main race and better supported event is the Bury 20 which also set off at the same time at 10.30am.

I have been running poorly without any feeling of much energy or drive and after a few miles I seem to seize up and slow down. I am a year older but I still expect to improve my times compared to last year.

However much more important is the taking part and there was a good attendance. The course takes in a number of small villages and hamlets including Nowton,High Green,Pinford End and Mickley Green.

I eventually finished 38th out of 129 finishers , 44 seconds slower than last year. I don't have any mile splits. I also finished 38th in 2006 when there was 127 finishers. My finishing time shows a few seconds difference to my personal time due to the congested start and time to cross the start line. The first section of the race is within Nowton Park and after the recent rains it was slippery and muddy to begin. The section up to High Green is aptly named but generally the course is fairly flat apart from a steep section near the end of the race coming back into Nowton.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark