Thursday, August 03, 2006

Stoke By Nayland Suffolk

Share
4.30pm 7 miles in 57 mins 23 secs

Week to date mileage 12.4

Month to date mileage 12.4

Average weekly rate 31.6

AverageMonthly rate 137

Year to Date 971

Life time 8749

Just after you cross the border from Essex into Suffolk over the River Stour if you take the first right turning off the A134 you enter Nayland. A further 2 miles along the B1087 takes you to Stoke By Nayland and this was my destination for my run today.

I parked the car just outside the village hall.


















I set off and immediately ran through the grounds of St Mary's Church though I soon came to a halt to view the red brick tower on this beautiful church. This is a wonderful village full of interesting buildings and set in rolling hills providing great views .
















Just outside the graveyard stands a former 16th century guildhall. This village is full of timber framed houses but doesn't appear to be so commercialese as Lavenham.
















Besides this building I picked up a sign leading to the Stour Valley Path. I soon saw another path leading to a small wood and I was tempted to pay it a visit. However it was full of stinging nettles making running difficult so I returned to my original path.














The pathway took me along the Stoke by Nayland golf course before the pathway seemed to finish in amongst various farms. This is very much rolling hill country as can be seen from these pictures.




















I returned back into the village and along Scotland Street before returning to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark