Tuesday, August 23, 2005

On vacation

Share
I am on holiday this week and taking a vacation up in Keswick in the Lake District. I am mainly taking a break from running for the week but I have today been out for a 7 mile run.

8am 7 miles in 57 mins.
Year to date mileage 780
Month to date 100 miles

I ran along what was the old Keswick railway line and which is now part of the national cycle way. This path leads out to Sunderland. I didn't go that far but I did take in the Castlerigg Stone circle. This is a very atmospheric stone circle which is placed in an open field with views in all directions. It stands below Blencathra otherwise known as Saddleback and is worth a trip to see a site which various guide books seem to age between 3 to 5 thousand years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark