Tuesday, August 16, 2005

My Favourite CD's - 5th in a Series

Share

The great Bob Marley a musical,political and spiritual icon who must have influenced a whole generation of artists. I am sure most people's collections if they contain any reggae they will have a Bob Marley Album. Personally I love reggae and have several including Exodus and Soul Rebel

This is a greater starter album if you are unsure but want to give reggae a try

This album includes Buffalo Soldier, Could You Be Loved, Exodus, Get Up Stand Up, I Know a Place, I Shot the Sheriff, Is This Love, Jamming, No Woman No Cry, One Love, Redemption Song, Roots Rock Reggae, Stir It Up, Three Little Birds, Waiting in Vain.

There is also a bonus disc with Concrete Jungle, Africa Unite Coming in from the Cold and Pinky Reggae Party.

Oone of my favourite all time songs is One Love / People Get Ready.

One love, one heartLet's get together and feel all right
Hear the children crying (One love)Hear the children crying (One heart)
Sayin', "Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right.
"Sayin', "Let's get together and feel all right."Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
Let them all pass all their dirty remarks (One love)
There is one question I'd really love to ask (One heart)
Is there a place for the hopeless sinnerWho has hurt all mankind just to save his own?
Believe meOne love, one heartLet's get together and feel all right
As it was in the beginning (One love)So shall it be in the end (One heart)
Alright, "Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right.
"Let's get together and feel all right."One more thing
Let's get together to fight this Holy Armageddon (One love)
So when the Man comes there will be no, no doom (One song)
Have pity on those whose chances grow thinner
There ain't no hiding place from the Father of Creation
Sayin', "One love, one heartLet's get together and feel all right.
"I'm pleading to mankind (One love)Oh, Lord (One heart) Whoa.
"Give thanks and praise to the Lord and I will feel all right.
"Let's get together and feel all right.

This song was I think originally on the album Exodus which I bought in 1977.

You can find out a lot more on about the life of Bob Marley on this site.

If I could only choose one artists music and had to throw everything else away then Bob Marley for me would be the one I would keep above all else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark