Sunday, August 29, 2010

Short Run and a tale of two goalies

Share
A short run recovery this morning. My 25 minute run was an easy paced effort following my long run yesterday.I decided to set my Adidas miCoach to do a 10 week half marathon training schedule as I am feeling more confident of being able to build up the mileage and hopefully lose some weight and improve my times.

All of the runs in my schedule are time based rather than distance and of course are based on my heart rate monitor training zones.

Yesterday afternoon I went to see Ipswich Town play Bristol City in the Championship. This is really Division 2 in England the Premier League being Division 1. Ipswich have made a decent start to the season registering a win in their first game this compares with last year when it wasn't until the 31st of October that they won a game.

Both sides have new goalkeepers this season both internationals. Our keeper Martin Fulop is a Hungarian International and City's keeper is the well known  David James who has played for England for many years including this years world cup.

I can only say he had a stinker yesterday and both goals were the fault of James. For the first he came for a cross and missed it allowing a tap in and the second he failed to turn a cross around the post patting it out for new signing Jason Scotland to score no 2. A good win for Ipswich. The video may not play too well but is a recording of the Ipswich fans baiting James who has just messed up for the second goal. I am sure he won;t have  a worse game all season and he is a good buy for Bristol but not yesterday!






4 comments:

  1. Glad you had an easy 25 minute run man. Thanks for sharing the video. I have a friend that I went with last week, while he used his micoach. Very impressive as you can just download a FREE program to your phone before you lay out some cash for a Garmin watch. Best wishes in your training for the half. Which one do you plan on doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the half marathon training. Ipswich looking good this season alright - Keane may have his mojo back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kenley I am really enjoying using the miCoach . I haven't entered a race at the moment , I don't want to tempt fate and get injured! But I will start to have a look and see if there is anything in late November / December

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Breandan football is very fickle but we are a patient lot in Suffolk and most of us want to stick by Mr Keane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark