Thursday, June 03, 2010

A cycle ride to Hawstead Suffolk

Share
Another early morning start. There was a clear blue sky and it was already warm at 8am as I set off for Nowton. I went past Nowton Park and the church at Nowton before reaching Hawstead. Here there is a big open green with wild flowers and an overgrown football field.

From this point there was a long climb up Bell Lane, the road twisting and turning but I climbed up this fairly well making use of the 15 gears. My bike is old and heavy but it is doing the job for me filling in as a temporary means of providing me some exercise and site seeing around Suffolk.

I returned home through Nowton Park where there wasn't a sole to be seen.

Today I did 11 miles for a total of 49 miles this week so far. It was also day 3 of Juneathon and this was another motivation to get out on the bike.

1 comment:

  1. You are just racking up the mileage on your bike, and taking lovely pictures while you are at it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark