Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Interval Run to Fornham All Saints

Share
I am gradually building up the mileage once again after my recent half marathon though it has taken me 2-3 weeks to do so. I am now training for a 10k race and tonight my schedule called for an interval session.

The plan suggested I do warm up mile and then  4 x half miles in  3.35 and warm down for a total of 6 miles.

It was a little breezy at 5pm and so I wore a t shirt with a long sleeve over the top. This became too warm during the run and I had to lose the long sleeve t shirt  tied around my waist. I am carrying a slight injury at the moment which I hope doesn't get any worse.

I think it is a touch of plantar fasciitis. Having had this before I am pretty sure this is the case and I felt it tonight as I set off for my run in my left foot heel. I have felt it a few times recently and I am hoping it is just a case of needing to replace one pair of my current running shoes which are now warn out. These are my Asics Gel Stratus 2's which have 412 miles on them and are showing wear in the midsole.

However unlike when I previously had this condition I was able to continue to run and I didn't notice any problems after a few minutes. When I previously had this it felt like I was running with a stone in my shoe and running was impossible so fingers crossed!

In the end I did 5 x half miles in 3.36,3.45,3.46,3.38 and an extra one in 4.01. In between I jogged and then finished my run at an easy pace for a total of 6 miles. I didn't hit the target of 3.35 half miles but I wasn't to far out and I averaged 7.28 mile pace for the 5 intervals.

To accompany my run I listened to my IPOD and appropriately Jonathon Richman and the Modern Lovers with Roadrunner. If ever there was a song made for running surely this is it

3 comments:

  1. Hmm. I'm having exactly the same problem and even with my left foot! I'm trying ice therapy and Advil first. If that doesn't work, I'll turn my attention to my shoes next. But the ice seems to be helping a lot. Ten minutes as soon as practicable after the run and repeating, if possible, twenty minutes later. Let us know what works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are some serious intervals. As far as your injury, I have the same re occuring thing with my right foot. If I stretch it out, though, it seems to be ok for the most part. Sometimes I can go months with out a sign and then, all of the sudden. Maybe it is something else, but I manage it with care. Hope it doesnt get you down too much man. Best wishes on your training for the 10k. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BTW, cool song, it kind of reminds me of the Ramones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark