Monday, May 25, 2009

Rushbrooke and Rougham Suffolk

Share


This week I am on holiday from work and I have decided to put in put in some extra miles and aim to run 40 in total. This is something I haven't done for a long time possibly years.

So today Bank Holiday Monday started well as I decided to put in a long run to begin the week and I ran 12 miles on an out and back course to Rougham from Bury St Edmunds. I ran this in 1hr 44 mins 22 seconds. Still slow but happy with this for a long training run.

My route was out along Cullum Road and then Rushbrooke Lane. Up to the Little Spinney turn left along the North Hill Covert and follow the by road around the sewage treatment plant to Blackthorpe.

As a chicken keeper myself It is always interesting to see other chickens. We have six this owner clearly has more and has them well fenced in against threat of foxes.

At Blackthorpe there is a pathway through Gorse Wood past Blackthorpe Barn. By following this pathway you eventually pick up the old A45 road which is now just a concrete pathway which you can follow over the A14 and into Home farm Rougham.

With 6 miles completed I retraced my steps home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark