Sunday, November 11, 2007

Scenic Seven at Stowmarket Suffolk

Share
5.30pm 7 miles in 53 mins 17 seconds
Week to date mileage 19 miles
Month to date mileage 39

Average weekly rate 29.7 miles
Average monthly rate 129
Year to date 1336
Lifetime 10929

The Scenic Seven is a regular fixture in my racing calender and despite my lack of training and various injuries I headed to the Stowmarket Sports centre for this race. It always takes place on Remembrance Sunday and the 2 minute silence is always impeccably observed leading to a 11.02 minute start.

This year like m
any others I must have run 2 dozen laps of the sports centre car park before the start as a chilling drizzle accompanied by a breeze meant standing still was not a great option.

This year Stowmarket Striders had a record entry of over 400 and 379 finishers. The Sports Centre as a HQ must play a big part in this offering as it does a good size hall for pre race and after race , showers and toilet facilities which makes a good base for any family accompanying a runner.

This was the first race that I have used my Garmin and I recorded the following times

Mile 1 7.28
Mile 2 7.45
Mile 3 7.47
Mile 4 7.07
Mile 5 8.05
Mile 6 7.20
Mile 7 7.36

From 3 to 4 miles you pretty much have a downhill mile before returning back up hill for a mile between the 4th and 5th mile. My leg abductor injury behalved itself until the hill and then provided a uncomfortable tug for the last 3 miles. This is my excuse for not beating last years time when I ran 52.41.

----------------
Now playing: Ramones - Poison Heart
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark