Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Running in Stratford on Avon

Share



This week I have been working in Stratford on Avon which as many of you will know is a huge tourism draw it being the birthplace of one William Shakespeare.

On the first day with time being short I decided to use the gym facilities at the Holiday Inn. Luckily the hotel had a swimming pool and gym and I took full advantage. I did a triathlon not in the usual order as I started with bike doing 11.1 km in 30 minutes, followed by the treadmill doing 4.20 miles in 35 minutes and then a casual swim where I did no more than probably 100 metres. It was really enjoyable having all of the equipment to hand and not something I have done for a long time as I don't belong to a gym. The workout measurements on the bike and treadmill are useful to know and motivational in that sense for measuring progress.

However that said give me the outdoors anytime. It was hot inside the gym and looking at euro pumped up electro r&b music is a real turn off for me. I noted several others in the gym had obviously come prepared and had ipods eyephones to overcome this.

The Holiday Inn sits on the River Avon Canal and the photo above is a view from the garden.

I have now uploaded all the photos I took at the recent Bury 5 race at Nowton Park Bury St Edmunds, you can view them on my link to flickr here or on the side panel flickr tool.







----------------
Now playing: Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:27 pm

    i love stratford on avon ,its a lovely place

    gemma and daisy completed the race for life on sunday.It was very warm for running but they both did well,daisy did 35 mins and gemma 38 mins.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark