Friday, July 10, 2009

Risby Suffolk

Share









































An out and back run from Bury St Edmunds to Risby in Suffolk. A long lunch time run the weather being a litle cooler and less humid I felt a lot more comfortable then I have done for the last few weeks.

I ran out 5 miles my route taking me out along the Newmarket Road and under the A14 flyover before turning towards Risby past the crematorium. The edge of Risby village is reached at around 3.5 miles. As I wanted to do a 5 mile out and back I continued on along School Road before turning right along Hall Lane and then turning right along the Flempton Road.

What has also helped with the longer runs is drinking my own electrolyte drink before the run. For this run I just added a pinch of sea salt to a pint of squash and it seemed to help though it could simply be a placebo effect!

Since then it looks as if there many recipes for making your own sports drinks and ditching the expensive sports drinks you can buy such as Lucozade and Gatorade.
The recipe I am going to try first is this - One third cup of honey, 1 litre of water,and a pinch of sea salt . Many of the recipes suggest adding half a teaspoon of baking powder as well. Mix all the ingredients together and keep chilled. I will let you know after I have tested and tried this out a bit.
This was a good enjoyable run in Risby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark