Friday, June 19, 2009

Risby Suffolk

Share

A Friday lunch time a break from work enabled me to do a ten miler out to the village of Risby near Bury St Edmunds Suffolk.

My 10 miles took 1hr 25 minutes 26 seconds which is an 8.31 average pace. This gives me 23 miles for the week and 88 miles for the month. I am certainly puttin gin the miles and have got used to my new Nike Air Pegasus 25 shoes. Having bought a pair in JJB Sports in Bury I saw the same shoes in Cambridge at Sportshoes Direct at Lionyard Walk for £20 less! Always frustrating to waste money but I have learnt lesson not to touch JJB Sports and I generally haven't had cause to use it previously buying on the internet to find running gear.

There is a good waffle tread on these shoes which gives a good grip for off road running .

The weather was good, sunny but with a fair amount of cloud so the temperatures were not excessively warm for running. I ran out along the Newmarket Road , up Westley Road and immeadiately first leftpast the Crematorium. Close to Hyde Cottage the poppies are in full bloom.

In Risby I took this picture in the village centre presumably of a former pond? This is quite a large green area with a central hollow.






















I followed a minor road known as the Lackford Lane which leads straight to the Bullock Lodge Farm. However before going that far I chose to follow a footpath off road which leads out to Risby Little Wood.

Here the fields are planted with wheat which is green unlike the barley which is on the point of turning yellow.

















































On my return back into Risby I was confronted by a young family of expectant ducks hoping for a meal .

I returned to Bury feling in good form . I checked my splits which were at 5 miles 43.17 and for the return I ran 42.08 a negative split always leaves you feeling good.



----------------
Now playing: Gregory Isaacs - Stranger in Town
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

  1. what lovely pics, where do you keep the camera when you're running?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shopaholic I am tempted to say down my running shorts ! Not sure why ..... but no I carry a camera in one hand and I really don't notice as it is very lightweight. I have had a Casio Exilim which is perfect for running it is getting on a bit know having served me for about 3 years.

    Thanks for your comments you are very welcome.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark