Monday, April 30, 2007

Cockfield Suffolk

Share

5.10pm 6 miles in 49 mins 26 seconds

Week to date mileage 6 miles

Month to date mileage 123

Average weekly rate 30.0 miles

Average monthly rate 130

Year to date 514

Lifetime 10107

I cam of the A134 at Cockfield Hall and parked up near the primary school. The weather was once again very warm and sunny with a bright blue sky for the last day of April.
I set past the Cockfield War Memorial and ran over the railway bridge with a fine view of the old Cockfield Railway Station.

Up hill the road takes you to the A1141 where I turned right. There is a redundant windmill with no sails near Earl's Hall Farm. I continued to run as there was a convenient pavement beside the road for some distance.

On this road there is a 14th century public house called the Three Horseshoes.
I turned around when the pavement ran out but decided to take a pathway I had previously seen near Earls Hal Farm. This lead close to another of the 2nd world war pill boxes before entering a wooded area with typically enclosed trees. Immediately I imagined this must be a former railway track and this was confirmed when I began to see tell tale signs of old railway artefact's metal posts and typical fencing.

I ran until I came out to a road which I later worked out to be Perrydown Lane. I then retraced my steps and ran the length of the former railway track in the opposite direction never seeing a soul.

I returned back on to the A1141 and returned into Cockfield and visited St Peters Church to end my run in the sprawling but beautiful parish of Cockfield.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark