Saturday, January 07, 2006

Nowton Park Bury St Edmunds

Share
10am 8.5 miles in 1 hour 10 minutes

Week to Date mileage 29

Month to date mileage 34

Weather: Some sleet and drizzle , cold damp and grey.

Parked at Nowton and decided to do some laps of the park. Conditions were very slippery under foot and it wasn't long before I decided I would only do the one lap. I was having trouble keeping my footing and wishing I had a pair of spikes. I don't own any spikes which means I can't do cross country races at the moment. Well that is my excuse and I'm sticking to it .

Any way I was surprised when I completed the lap that I actually ran it far quicker than my previous run back on the 19th December when I did 2 laps in 19.50 and 19.30. Today I ran an 18.24 lap which is a full minute quicker despite fighting to stay on my feet . It almost tempted me to carry on and do some more laps but only for a split second. I quickly decided to head for the road. I ran up past Breckley Ley House and along to High Green and then Low Green. I then took the Hawstead road past Nowton Church before heading of to follow the footpath across the fields towards Sicklesmere before retracing my steps back to Nowton Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Running in Suffolk

Share/Bookmark